The Department responsible for managing the technical functions of the library, including cataloging, acquisitions, and electronic resources management, also responsible for ensuring that the library’s technical infrastructure is up-to-date and functional, including the integrated library system (ILS), discovery layer, and interlibrary loan systems.
- Overseeing the cataloging and classification of library materials, ensuring that they are correctly and consistently labeled and organized.
- Managing the library’s acquisitions process, including negotiating with vendors and assessing the quality and fit of new materials.
- Ensuring that electronic resources, such as databases and e-books, are licensed and integrated into the library’s systems effectively.
- Collaborating with other library departments, such as reference and circulation, to ensure that patrons can effectively access and use library materials.
- Staying current on trends and developments in library technology and implementing new systems as needed.
- Supervising and managing staff within the Technical Services department.